Sunday 25 October 2009

20 SELF ABSORBED REASONS FOR GOING BACKPACKING

1. Because I deserve it.

2. Not to find myself but to lose myself and then be reintroduced and possibly date myself.

3. To see if I can negotiate my way out of a potential kidnap situation through the power of Irish dance due to my lack of Spanish.

4. To be able to tell guinea pig lovers back home that I ate guinea pig and I LOVED it.

5. Because trekking in Manchu Picchu and paragliding off a mountain is slightly more interesting than working at the Council.

6. Because the words ‘working at the Council’ make me want to vomit, meaning it’s time to move on.

7. To see if I am taller than South American men.

8. To engage with people that I would normally ignore at home.

9. To chew coco leaves until I think I am a coco leaf.

10. To eliminate the phrases “Can I help you?” and “I understand your concern” from my life! Basically, I want to stop lying to people.

11. Because I am more interesting in other countries.

12. To test my laziness.

13. To ‘LOL’ and ‘OMG’ face to face for a change.

14. To do some volunteer work that doesn’t include a lot of work.

15. Because in some of the countries I am going to wine is cheaper than water.

16. Siestas….need I say more?

17. To meet hot Aussie backpackers called ‘Guy’ and ‘Sky’ and to agree vehemently with everything they say….absolutely.

18. Because I haven’t been everywhere, but its on my list.

19. Because I’m not the kind of person who makes lists, but I like to pretend to be.

20. Because I want to prove to my Mom that I can go traveling without ending up on ‘Banged up Abroad.’
http://www.blogcatalog.com/directory/places-and-geography/outdoors/

1 comment:

  1. I'd say No.17 will come true within a matter of days of arrival.

    ReplyDelete