Wednesday 25 November 2009

Things I had forgotten about backpacking:

Drying yourself with your t-shirt because your travel towel is buried so far down inside your back pack that it’s gone past the point of no return.

Balancing on one leg whilst trying to put clothes on in hostel shower cubicles without getting them wet.

Eating loads and loads of eggs.

Conversations with travel companions about their toilet movements. “Did you go? How was it?” being a regular question.

How much I hate Irish skin but how much I like being Irish.

Regretting how much money I spent on booze recently at home considering how far it could get me over here. But then admitting to self that wouldn’t have done it any other way and the craic was worth it.

Ordering something from the menu but getting a surprise.

The date and time meaning nothing.

No matter how many people are in the room, the insects will bite me and only me.

No comments:

Post a Comment